A classic family favorite recipe !!! Thinly sliced cucumbers and onion are tossed in a creamy vinaigrette making the perfect side dish to serve at barbecue pulled pork, grilled chicken, smoked brisket, and more. Highhly recommended !!
• Cucumbers: 4 (large)
• Sweet Onion: 1 (medium)
• Mayonnaise: 1 cup
• White Sugar: 1/2 cup
• White Vinegar: 1/4 cup
• Salt and Pepper: (to taste)
1. In the beginning, wash, peel and thinly slice 4 large cucumbers. I always use a mandoline for uniformity.
2. Next, slice 1 medium sweet onion thinly.
3. Then you’re going to get a ceramic, glass or plastic bowl that has a lid and place in the sliced cucumbers and onions.
4. Combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar in a small bowl, and mix until smooth.
5. You’ll want to turn the mayonnaise mixture into the cucumber and onion mixture and combine well.
6. And please salt and pepper to taste.
7. Make sure to cover with a lid, shake lightly.
8. Okay now, let to marinate in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
9. Thhe final thhing is to refrigerate leftovers (if there any). This yields about 6 servings.