This fried cabbage is baked with bacon and onions to tender perfection. A super basic low carb side dish that is suitable for every occasion!
In my view, cabbage is such an overlooked vegetable-cheap, it’s accessible year-round and totally delicious! A traditional dish that combines green cabbage with bacon is this basic preparation of fried cabbage. You would not be able to avoid consuming it until you attempt it.
Cabbage is fortified with vitamin K, vitamin C, potassium, and magnesium nutrients. Cabbage helps stimulate the inflammation of digestion and curbs. It also has the ability to aid in reduced levels of blood pressure and cholesterol.
So try this recipe, and enjoy it!!
• A medium head Of green cabbage, I chopped it loosely.
• 3 chopped slices Of bacon.
• 1/2 chopped medium onion.
• 1 Large spoon.Of Worcestershire sauce.
• Sea salt and pepper to taste.
INSTRUCTIONS TO MAKE THIS FRIED CABBAGE RECIPE:
• Step 1: Cook the chopped bacon over medium to medium-high heat in a wide skillet.
• Step 2: When the fat is gone and the pan has ample bacon grease, incorporate the chopped onion.
• Step 3: Add the sliced cabbage, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce right where the bacon has just begun to get crisp (optional but I like the tiny bit of smokey tang that it gives some foods).
• Step 4: Stir regularly until you have softened the cabbage. I want several bits to get browned in a tiny skillet, but I don’t stir too much.
• Step 5: Taste before serving as, depending on your taste, you might need to incorporate more salt and pepper.
Have a good day!!