5 stars recipe !! I made this great Old Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie last week and had it for dessert yesterday and it was superb as usual 😍 !! Definitely a keeper !!
YOU’LL NEED :
– Pre-baked pie dough
– Coconut cream filling
– Whole milk: 1 cup
– Coconut milk: 1 cup and a half
– Egg yolks: 4 (large)
– Sugar: two thirds of a cup
– Starch: 1/4 cup
– Salt: a pinch
– Butter: 2 large spoons (chopped, cold)
– Icing cream
– Cream whipping: 1 cup + 1 large spoon of powdered sugar
– Roasted coconut for garnish
1. In a pot on the stove, put ¾ cup of milk and coconut milk and then leave it until it starts to boil.
2. You’d best beat, at the same time, the egg yolks with a quarter cup of the remaining milk and vanilla. And please mix the sugar and starch, then add them to the egg and milk mixture and stir well.
3. You’ll want to add the boiled milk gently to the egg mixture with the whisk. Then filter the mixture and put it in a bowl on a low heat, keep stirring until the mixture thickens. Immediately make sure to remove the cream from the heat, then put 2 large spoons of butter and stir well until the butter disappears. Then add a cup of toasted coconut and stir.
4. Once done, pour the cream over the pie dough, cover and place in the fridge for a few hours.
5. Alright at this point, you may add sugar and vanilla and whip the cream until it becomes thick, so to prepare the whipping cream. Now place the whipping cream over the cream filling, decorate with toasted coconut, cool, then cut and serve.